• Information on this archive. See IIDB.org
  • Please join us on IIDB (iidb.org)
    This is the archived Seculare Cafe forum. It is read only. If you would like to respond or otherwise revive a post or topic, please join us on the active forum: IIDB.

Secretary to Goebbels

This is the place to discuss the past, its study, and those who study it. Discussion about events that happened less than twenty years ago should go go in Politics instead.
DMB

Secretary to Goebbels

Post by DMB » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:39 pm

I imagine that postwar life would have been difficult for her, but the we-didn't-know-anything defence just doesn't wash. Even if one knew nothing about the death camps, how about the Nuremberg laws and Kristallnacht?

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/europe/a ... h-goebbels

Tubby

Post by Tubby » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:45 pm

From the final paragraph in the link above---
She said that she had come to believe that “God doesn’t exist, but the devil certainly does...”
Somewhat off topic:
In my youth, every few years I would hear on the radio about another Japanese WWII soldier being found alive, living in isolation on some Pacific Island. Does anybody know if there is a book with accounts of the lives of one or more of those men?

Samnell

Post by Samnell » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:17 am

[quote=""Tubby""]From the final paragraph in the link above---
She said that she had come to believe that “God doesn’t exist, but the devil certainly does...”
Somewhat off topic:
In my youth, every few years I would hear on the radio about another Japanese WWII soldier being found alive, living in isolation on some Pacific Island. Does anybody know if there is a book with accounts of the lives of one or more of those men?[/quote]

I don't know any specific books, but there were a few cases of that up into the Seventies. One of them refused to let go until they flew in his old CO to tell him.
I have a blog about nineteenth century America. It's theoretically educational!

Rie

Post by Rie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:54 pm

It's interesting DMB that it's mainly seen as a male regime with Hitler
"You understand?" said Ponder
"No. I was just hoping that if I didn't say anything you'd stop trying to explain things to me." - Terry Pratchett, The Last Hero